Is there css that is designed specifically for printing? If so do you have a link to some documentation on this?

I have the same problem but use pdf for everything. It is a pain though. Since there is no fop implementation in php (unless you want to also run java) I have started writing my own xml -> pdf engine (not to any standard just one that does what I need). It speeds things up a lot most of time. Updating the engine takes time though.

Rick

On Feb 22, 2006, at 1:52 PM, Noel Stratton wrote:

Look into CSS
(Cascading Style Sheets)
With CSS you can tell the printer how to print.

-----Original Message-----
From: JC [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 12:47 PM
To: Apache Users
Subject: [EMAIL PROTECTED] php & html

Hi list,

My organization is use a very old DOS language to program and I'm
planning to move the whole system to mysql & php.  But I have a problem
during the planning process.  Here's the problem:

We print a lot of forms (different size), barcodes, tags, and labels.
Now, if we migrate to mysql & php, is there a way to format (html) so
that we can still print forms, barcodes, tags, and labels all in
different size?  Is there any tool out there that can accomplish this?

Thanks,
JC