On Thursday 23 February 2006 14:46, Ricardo Stella wrote:
> Nick Kew wrote:
> > Is there a good reason for installing a server version that's been
> > obsolete for four years?  Especially given the complexity of adding SSL
> > to it.
>
> Sometimes, yes....

Indeed.  But commonly people have very bad reasons, like the impression
that mod_ssl doesn't exist for 2.x because it's not there at the mod_ssl site.

> In any case, the mod-ssl readme has clear and precise instructions on
> how to add it.  Then again, he would be better of getting an RPM of
> apache instead of compiling it by hand...  Or compile openssl by hand...

Instructions, yes.  But having the EAPI means extra hassle with every
other module, and is especially nightmareish if you're stuch with
binary apps.

> My .02...

A fair answer in the abstract.  But I've no idea if the OP has a good reason,
and it would be a shame to leave him/her to do the wrong thing if not.

--
Nick Kew