Hi,

> That's exactly what I have - here's the first.pl file:
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl
> print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
> print "Hello, World.";
>
> Also - I guess ie does work via command line as shown:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] cgi-bin]# ./first.pl
>
> Hello, [EMAIL PROTECTED] cgi-bin]#
>
> Just "missed" it since it was on the same line - I then added a couple
\n\n
> to it, and it prints nicely.
>
> However, it does not display anything vai the browser - just the "Internal
> Server Error"

Have you set the right permissions for your program?
Try:

chmod 755 program_name.pl

The program should have read and execute permissions for the user that runs
Apache.
Also make sure that the end of line is just\n if you are running the program
under Unix/Linux and not \r\n (like when the files are created under
Windows).

Teddy