On 2/23/06, Kishore Jalleda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>           This is my first post to the list, I am currently using version
> 1.3.34 for our websites,  I would like to hear about your experiences about
> the 2.0.x versions as they support Multithreading, MPMs, APR, etc,
> specifically about any  performance improvements over 1.3.x (which uses the
> pre-forking model), I am aware that the MT may not be suitable for all
> configurations, we use Poweredge 2650's with Dual Xeons and HT, and also
> some Sparc Boxes.....

This is something you really need to test in your environment.  In
general, 2.x will be faster than 1.3 and threaded mpms will use less
resources than non-threaded servers on OSes with good threading
libraries.  But in reality, this is only going to matter if your site
serves lots of static content.  If you are using php/mod_perl/etc, the
speed (or slowness) of your scripts will probably make any benefit of
upgrading seem small.

Joshua.