Nick Kew wrote:

On Monday 27 February 2006 17:35, michael young wrote:

This used to be an FAQ: DBM on Linux has always been a mess.
Google for my replies on the subject back in the 1990s.
Thanks, I'll look for them.

Hmmm, I think I was a bit terse this morning.

The executive summary is, don't use mod_auth_dbm.
Use mod_auth_db if you need the same functionality.

Sorry, I genericly used "--enable-shared=max --enable-module=most" rather than picking out modules I thought I would need. I will try "--enable-shared=max --enable-module=most --disable-shared=auth_dbm". I don't need it but was hoping there might be an easy way to keep it so as few modifications as posible could be made.

In Apache 2 the problem goes away.

Is there a way to convert a conf file from 1.3 to 2.0 quickly? maybe a script or something.