On 3/1/06, Nick Kew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 February 2006 21:40, Jesper Krogh wrote:
> > Is it possible to make apache match the username "case-insensitive"
> > against lists in AuthUserFile /AuthGroupFile?
>
> That would potentially be a security hole.

Yes if it could be done without people knowing it. If it were
configurable, it would be a feature :-)

If I didn't explain the problem well enough, then an example would work:
I just would like apache to assume that Jesper, JESPER, jesper, and so
on, was the same user
when matching up agaings the lists.

> > We're using mod_ntlm and it generally works fine, but the different
> > platforms tend to send usernames in mixed cases.
>
> Hmmm.  Don't you get that behaviour if you use a case-insensitive filesystem?

No. That would give me flexibillity in the names of the files
containing the user-list, not the
usernames.

I have got the mod_ntlm C-code, so if anyone could give me directions
on how to modify
the REMOTE_USER stuff from a C-apache module, then I could probably do
it that way.

Jesper