On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 11:50:34AM CST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
:
: I will have to watch the load on the server
: and then possibly decide on compiling a lean static httpd with
: only rudimentary functionality
: (e.g. this one wouldn't need mod_ssl, mod_vhost, mod_include,
: mod_rewrite, ...)
: which exclusively serves my private LAN.
: Maybe even CPAN's HTTP::Server::Simple or the embedded Linux
: Kernel HTTP server
: would suffice?

If you need to serve static content, there are other solutions
that are faster and smaller than Apache (e.g. tux, thttpd).

--
Eugene