I have noticed that rotatelogs.exe does not work if it is more than one level away from the root of the filesystem in windows XP.

For example, this does not work:

CustomLog "|D:\programs\Apache\Apache2\bin\rotatelogs.exe logs/access.%Y-%m-%d-%H_%M_%S.log 86400" common

But this does work:

CustomLog "|D:\bin\rotatelogs.exe logs/access.%Y-%m-%d-%H_%M_%S.log 86400" common

I hope this helps..

Regards,

Frans Knibbe,
Geodan

PKarthick wrote:
Hi all,
I need to have separate log files on daily basis...for every 24 hours new log file should be created... When I am trying to rotate the log file (access.log) in Apache using rotatelogs.exe,I could not start the apache service...I also tried using mod_log_rotate.so, i configured httpd.conf according to the instructions...but I could not get the desired result.
Where might I have went wrong?
Does anybody have solution for this?

Thanks in advance,
Karthick P