On 3/3/06, John N. Brahy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Opps, I forgot the basics.
>
> OS: OpenBSD 3.8
> Apache: Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) mod_perl/1.29 mod_ssl/2.8.16 OpenSSL/0.9.7g

> > Is there anything else I need to do besides putting this
> > "AddDefaultCharset utf-8" in the httpd.conf? I've put it in the main
> > server config and in each of my Virtualhosts but I still get
> iso-8859-1.
> >
> > I also have this in my config also...
> > AddCharset UTF-8 .utf8

Well, all bets are off with openbsd, since their version of apache is
forked (contains non-standard patches).

But in general, AddDefaultCharset has an effect only if there are no
AddCharset directives applying to the files.  And your AddCharset
directive above probably does nothing unless all your files have a
.utf8 filename extension.

But the first question is really, how do you know you are still
getting iso-8859-1?  Have you checked the http response headers?

Joshua.