Eh? I've described a typical usage (I use it myself). I never made the quoted
statement ("apache is for static contents") and certainly don't criticise
apache - what problem do you see here?

The guy wants to use Tomcat (I guess so he can write in Java) and apache - what
setup would you recommend?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> > THere are several connectors (ways to pass the request) - see
> > http://tomcat.apache.org/faq/connectors.html
> >
> > Simplest is just mod_proxy; you run Tomcat on
> localhost:8080 or something
> > and just use ProxyPass to route those subdirs that are
> dynamic. If it's
> > more complicated, use mod_rewrite. If it gets really
> complicated, use
> > mod_jk (a dedicated tomcat connector)
>
> Also somewhat outdated:

I took it from the tomcat FAQ - better update that then...

> the proxy framework in 2.2 supersedes the
> separate mod_jk.  And using mod_rewrite is merely a different way of
> configuring the proxy framework - or of configuring mod_proxy if you
>

> > It's a big question you ask, and the answer depends greatly
> on your needs
> > and what you have already...
>
> Indeed, answering a non-question doesn't really work.:-)
>
> --
> Nick Kew

Diese E-mail ist eine private und persönliche Kommunikation. Sie hat keinen
Bezug zur Börsen- bzw. Geschäftstätigkeit der SWX Gruppe. This e-mail is of a
private and personal nature. It is not related to the exchange or business
activities of the SWX Group. Le présent e-mail est un message privé et
personnel, sans rapport avec l'activité boursière du Groupe SWX.

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error,
please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and
any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any
hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended
recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and
the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.