Sorry if this has been asked before; I tried to find if there were
searchable archives for this list, but couldn't find anything.

I want to do a rewrite based on the value of a cookie. I have a rule in
doc root for the domain, which directs it to the demo directory based on
the third-level domain:

  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^demo.example.com$
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/demo/
  RewriteRule (.*) /demo/$1

This works fine. From there, I want to re-direct to a sub-directory with
the same name as the value of the cookie phn_demo, if the cookie is
set. I tried this:

  RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} phn_demo=(.*)
  RewriteRule (.*) /demo/%1/$1

but get a 500 error, which strangely doesn't show up in the logs. If the
cookie is not set, I don't get an error.

--
Alan Little
Holotech Enterprises