Hello,
I am having a problem with a 403 error that I can't solve.
I am trying to set up a stats package on a server hosting about 30
different websites. The stats package is in a sub folder of the htdocs
folder. It is accessed through a scriptAlias directive on all the websites.
e.g. www.foo.com/stats/.....
or www.bar.com/stats/......
the stats package is run by a perl script with a complicated (to the
average customer) argument, so I want to do an auto redirect to it.
e.g. www.foo.com/stats/filename.pl?config=[......]
so I want to redirect to it automatically by using
www.foo.com/stats/index.php
(which is a very simple script which just calls the perl script)
The problem is that entering the URL   www.foo.com/stats/  gives a 403
access forbidden error.
however,    www.foo.com/stats/index.php     works perfectly.
System specs are:
Apache 2 Triad with SSL on win 2003.
I have full console and admin access, but I can't make major changes.
(such as dump M$)
I thought that the problem might be windows folder permissions, but I
duplicated permissions for a working website. no change.
More than happy to read the manual if I could figure out which part.
Any help or sugestions appreciated
Ray