VERY interesting idea.

I didn't compile mysql. I just have a pre-compiled version that I downloaded a while back.

I did indicate "--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql" when I configured php. Do you think that I need more?

-N

On Mar 21, 2006, at 1:53 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Have you compiled mysql and mysqli for use in php4/5?

If so, you need to compile them both at the same time with
the same mysql library.

Keith

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Noah Silverman wrote:

To: users@httpd.apache.org
From: Noah Silverman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Weird Crashes

Thanks Keith,

I DID a fresh compile of php4 and php5.

Both give me the same crash.  No difference.

I'm starting to think that the problem might be with the Apache
installation.
Maybe Apache doesn't like the shared modules or something like that. I
compiled with the 'shared' option, but don't know what else could be
causing the problem.

One clue - A script that calls phpinfo works fine. the scripts that call
mysql crash!

-N