Hi all,

I've got a problem with a "Content-Length: 0" header in GET requests. I discovered it because some requests from newish mobile phone browsers weren't working. Anyway, I captured the headers these phones were sending in the GET request, and narrowed it down to them having a "Content-Length: 0" header line.

If the request has that "Content-Length: 0" header line (these mobiles send it), Apache sends the wrong page---it always sends the home page of the site. If the request doesn't have the Content-Length line (most other browsers), Apache works fine---i.e., sends the correct page.

So this works (try it with "telnet harvest.com 80"):

GET /he HTTP/1.0

but this doesn't (i.e., returns the site's main page instead of /he):

GET /he HTTP/1.0

(And it's not a HTTP 1.0 vs 1.1 issue---if I add a "Host: harvest.com" line and change the GET to "GET /he HTTP/1.1" it still has the same "Content-Length: 0" problem.)

It seems like an Apache or Apache config issue, because I don't think there's a problem including that "Content-Length: 0" header in the GET request ... though I could be missing something obvious.

Any pointers or info would be much appreciated. I'm using Apache 2.0.47 under Win32 (WinXP SP2).

Thanks heaps,
Ben.

--
Ben Hoyt | [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Harvest Electronics | PO Box 446 | 10 Pragnell St | Masterton | New Zealand
http://www.harvest.com | Tel +64 6 370 1991 | Fax +64 6 370 1993