Running Apache 2.2.0 on a OS/X 10.4 system, compiled from source.

I have mod_ssl enabled.

In my httpd.conf, I have

Include conf/extra/httpd-ssl.conf

in my httpd-ssl.conf, I have

<IfDefine SSL>

<VirtualHost _default_:443>

#   General setup for the virtual host
SSLEngine on
SSLCertificateFile    /Library/Apache2/conf/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /Library/Apache2/conf/server.pem
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
DocumentRoot /Library/WebServer/Documents
ServerName www.espphotography.com
ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/error_log
TransferLog /var/log/httpd/access_log

</VirtualHost>
#
</IfDefine>

However when I uncomment the include httpd-ssl.conf and start apache (httpd -DSSL or httpd -k start), it asks for my password, then nothing. NOthing written to the error log, no instances of httpd running.

Am I missing something painfully obvious? If there's a section of the manual I missed, please don't just say "RTFM" but give me a link to the appropriate section of the manual. Everything I've read points that this SHOULD work, but obviously doesn't.

Thanks.

Evan