On 26-Mar-06, at 10:39 PM, Boyle Owen wrote:

Everything looks OK to me - so I can only guess you're typing in the wrong password... You don't have the caps-lock on by any chance? Could it have been on when you typed in the password during the htpasswd command? To be sure, recreate the password file with the PW on the command line:

# htpasswd -b -c /path/to/.pwFile username pwd

To get it going, choose a *really* simple password, like "x"..

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

Yeah I had thought of that and tried that a few times. Never the less --- it is the same results. It is really perplexing.... driving me quite insane. I have done these things a million times and could not see what the issue could be. There are other files and such working just fine on this box - so I am quite positive that the machine is fine.