From: m i l e s [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2006 3:58 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [EMAIL PROTECTED] A lil Mod Rewrite help please...

Hi,

Pardon me for asking this if its already been asked which Im certain that it
has, regex is not my specialty...

If I have the following series of urls:

webmail.theusersdomain.com
webmail.somedomain.com
webmail.myuserdomain.com
webmail.etc.com

you get the picture....

Instead of adding hostdirections in the apache conf file....I was thinking a
mod_rewrite rule would do the trick rather nicely....what I thought of was this:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^webmail\.[a-z]+\.com$ webmail\.[a-z]+\.com\:7080/scripts/
webmail.exe

Am I in the right ball park ?

And lastly, would this rule live in the httpd.conf file or would this rule live
somewhere else ????

Or if I miss my guess would this rule have to live in a .htaccess file in EVERY
domain_directory that I host ?

M i l e s.