On Friday 14 April 2006 06:54, Simon Werner wrote:
> We are encountering a problem with IE 6.0 SP1 where it seems to have
> problems with compressed data being served from the IBM HTTP Server
> 2.0.47 (Apache).  Using the mod_deflate option to compress static and
> dynamic data on the run.

The obvious suspect is IE, which is known to be incredibly buggy in
dealing with compressed data (that's why mod_deflate has an option
to compress *only* text/html, available for use with BrowserMatch).

A problem that could lead to similar behaviour would be if Apache fails
to signal the end of the data, so the browser hangs on, waiting for more.
That's unlikely in your case (since it's just the one browser, and since
you mention static pages - which presumably implies no suspect modules
implicated), but could be worth testing.  The first example on the
mod_diagnostics page describes precisely this case, and how to
detect it.

--
Nick Kew