Hi All,
I'm trying to secure a page on my site using mod_auth_basic

I have the following in httpd.conf:
    <Directory "/website/phpmyadmin">
        AuthType Basic
        AuthBasicProvider file
        AuthBasicAuthoritative Off
        AuthName "Admin"
        AuthUserFile c:/mptn/etc/htpasswd
        Require user psmedley
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

but when I try and access the directory, I get a user/password dialog
but it doesn't accept it, and in error_log I get:
[Sun Apr 23 20:32:15 2006] [error] [client 192.168.0.2] access to
/phpmyadmin failed, reason: require directives present and no
Authoritative handler.

Any ideas?

--
Cheers,