I did some research and found out the # MaxClients variable defines
the maximum number of concurrent connections. I'd like to know if we
can define this variable to something like 2 millions.

I'm asking because I'm designing a chat application that people are
going to use through a web browser, and the connection to the server
will remain open for a minute, then the connection is closed and
reopen right away. The community is pretty large (several million
people).

Using open connections is probably the best way to handle the maximum
number of users per server, instead of querying each second for new
messages for instance. The only concern I have right now is how Apache
behaves with millions of concurrent open connections.
Thanks,

--
Charles A. Landemaine.

PS: Is there a way to search through