On Monday 01 May 2006 13:44, Jaqui Greenlees wrote:

> Bondware, a hosting company I know, has a showcase
> site for their CMS script that is at a minimum at any
> given time 700 users, I have seen it peak at 15
> thousand.

15k concurrent database connections (erk)?
Or 15k including some database access amongst
static contents?  Or 15k database connections distributed
over a number of machines?  Or???

> They have had problems, but none relating to apache,
> they are usually from mysql getting overwhelmed.
> They may be in the running for performance limits. ~g~

If they're already using Apache DBD under high load - feedback
welcome.  If not, come to ApacheCon and see my talk on it.
There are two major reasons why it's altogether more scalable
than classic LAMP.

--
Nick Kew