Dear Apache Experts,

I am somewhat confused about that CGI stuff. I have successfully written
a CGI script that sets a cookie. The (Ruby) script is called directly as
CGI script, because I noticed that it seems to be impossible to call the
CGI script using Apache's Server Sider Includes (SSI). Well. As
workaround I send some form data to the CGI script which creates a
cookie from the data. The cookie exists and can easily be viewed, e.g.
with the Mozilla Cookie Manager.

But I have some trouble with reading the cookie data. A second CGI
script reads the cookie. It works well if called directly. It doesn't
work if called with SSI, neither using "#include virtual=..." nor "#exec
cgi=...".

Any hints?

Yours,
Rene

P.S.:
What I wanted to do is:

- user visits a webpage
- user fills out a form
- form data is sent to a script which creates some output
- some output is embedded in the mentioned webpage during a reload

And so I tried to pass the some output to the webpage as cookie.