From: David Blomstrom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 2:16 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Mod-Rewrite within a Mod-Rewrite

This is the rewrite rule for my Reference section, which works:

RewriteRule ^Reference/([a-zA-Z0-9()_/-]+)/?$ Reference/index.php?ref=$1 [L]

I'd like to also create a similar Glossary section, like this:

RewriteRule ^Glossary/([a-zA-Z0-9()_/-]+)/?$ Glossary/index.php?glos=$1 [L]

Except I'd like the URL to be MySite/Reference/Glossary. In other words, the
Glossary folder will be inside the Reference folder. So I created a new page at
Reference/Glossary/index.php, then changed my mod-rewrite rules, as follows:

RewriteRule ^Reference/Glossary/([a-zA-Z0-9()_/-]+)/?$
Reference/Glossary/index.php?glos=$1 [L]

RewriteRule ^Reference/([a-zA-Z0-9()_/-]+)/?$ Reference/index.php?ref=$1 [L]

It now correctly displays URL's with text appended to Reference/Glossary, like
MySite/Reference/Glossary/politics. However, I can no longer view the Glossary
home page. If I type in MySite/Reference/Glossary, it defaults to
http://ivr/Reference/Glossary/?ref=Glossary, and I get a custom Page Not Found
error, where I used to get a real page. How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Yahoo! Mail goes everywhere you do. Get it on your phone
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=31132/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/services?promote=mail>
 .