On 5/9/06, Bill Angus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Anybody know the proper install for PHP5 under Apache 2.2 for Windows? I had
to comment out my PHP installation line in config...

#LoadModule php5_module "C:/Php/php5apache2.dll"

If present, this line raises a spurious error message telling me that Apache
cannot load the module due to "file-not-found". If I change the module name
to php5apache2.so instead of .dll -- the module loads but doesn't function
to provide php services -- that is -- trying to raise a php file in the
browser results a bad command message.

The line worked fine in config file for apache 2.0.55.

P.S. thanks again to all who helped with comments while I've been fighting
to install Apache 2.2.

I eventually set up 2 instances of apache. One does name-based hosting, and
one is SSL-secured.

I just helped a friend with this kind of problem. The DLL was not in
the directory indicated in the httpd.conf.

We found it in c:\servers\php\bin.

So you have to change the last line as well ... c:\servers\php

Do a dir /s php5apache2.dll and see where the file is actually located.

After fixing the httpd.conf I have to run 'apache -k install' and
'apache -k start' to get things running.

Chris.