Thats what i thought, but I don't see any 502 errors in the access log and my ErrorDocument handler doesn't catch it....

Matt

on 12/05/2006 15:58 Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV said the following:

As far as I can tell from the code it should return HTTP_BAD_GATEWAY, i.e. HTTP
502. You can use the ErrorDocument directive to specify a HTML page to return
to the client in case the error occurs.

-ascs

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Claridge [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 3:30 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Proxy errors

Thanks for this - I've tried changing the timeout so I'll see what happens.

Is it possible to catch the error and display something nicer instead?

cheers
Matt

on 12/05/2006 10:27 Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV said the following:

The error you are referring to is generated during the processing of the
backend server response. It may be due to the backend server closing the
connection, or the connection timing out.

The timeout is 5 minutes by default, so unless the request really takes that
long to process, I think it is more likely that this is due to the remote
server having closed the connection.

The timeout value can be changed. ProxyTimeout surely applies, but you may also
have to change Timeout.

-ascs