Brian Rectanus wrote:

It would help to post the tomcat-workers.conf, but I'll take a guess
and assume this is what it looks like:

LB1  andy:8012
LB2  andy:8022
LB3  andy:8032
LB3  andy:8042
ALL  andy:8012|andy:8022|andy:8032|andy:8042

Yep, that's exactly what it looks like.

Does it make a difference with ProxyPreserveHost Off?  My thought is
that the backend server is seeing the original Host header which is
www.foo.bar and basing the Location header off that instead of the
andy:* Host header.

Well, if set ProxyPreserveHost to Off, then the URL's actually change from the original host to http://andy/webapp (i.e. the back end server) Notice that they still lose the https and change to http.

Anyhow, just a shot in the dark.