>> > Boyle Owen wrote:
>>
> So I would conclude that there is nothing wrong with the setup at your
> end. I think you need to look at the setup at the phone's service
> provider. To recap how WAP works, the phone makes a proprietary (eg, GPRS)
> connection to a WAP server located in the phone company's premises, and
> submits the URL. It is the WAP server that makes the HTTP request to your
> server. It's not really the phone that receives the redirect, it's the WAP
> server - if it is unable to resolve the redirected hostname or (more
> likely) if it cannot issue a request to port 8080 (maybe a FW rule), then
> the request will fail.

I talked with Cingular (my service provider) and they checked into their
GPRS/WAP server.  They were able to connect to my site with the phones the
tech-support team had on hand.  They then told me that not all phones are
able to connect to all websites, and said I should contact the website
provider.  I then sent a support request to Siemens (my phone) to see if
they can help, but I am still waiting for an answer.

Either way, I think I’m back at the same issue.  Is there a way I can
setup my Apache redirect to work on the lowest common denominator cell
phones?

Just to refresh everyone, here is what I expect to happen:
 1.  Cell Phone sends request to:   www.go2mm.net/m/nate
 2.   Apache sends a redirect (302) response back with content-type:
text/html
3.      Cell Phone sends a request to:
www.stoddardsoftware.com:8080/mobilemovies/m/nate
4.      Server sends WML document to the cell phone.

When I connect to the first line (www.go2…), with my cell phone, I get a
404 error.  However, if I connect directly to the redirect link
(www.stoddardsoft…), I do not get an error and I can see the WML page
correctly.

So is there a way to setup Apache to send the redirect response in WML
instead of HTML?

Thanks for the help,
-Nate