On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 06:43:28PM -0400, Joshua Slive wrote:
> >When I first start up Apache files are cached.  But, once they expire
> >then they are no longer cached and *always* fetch from the back end
> >server.  It's as if the front end mod_cache server is not updating
> >it's Expires date.
>
> I can't directly help you, but you should note two things:
> 1. mod_disk_cache is vastly improved in 2.2 over 2.0.  You should
> really upgrade, since it is likely you are hitting a bug in 2.0 that
> is fixed in 2.2.

Ok.  I was trying to stick with the available packages on the target
OS, but might be worth upgrading.

With loglevel debug I have not been able to reproduce the problem.
Although I do notice that mod_cache doesn't seem to do an
If-Modified-Since request when the cache copy expires, which I
expected.  Maybe it does that in 2.2 (or maybe I just don't
understand caching enough to see why that's not done. ;)

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]