On Tuesday 16 May 2006 19:08, R Dicaire wrote:
> Hi...
> Apache 2.2.2...
> After futzing around for a couple days, I was able to get apache to
> SEE my pgsql installation so APR would compile with pgsql, and so
> mod_dbd could use pgsql. NOTE: undocumented ./configure option:
> --with-pgsql=DIR

You should see that in configure --help for aprutil, which is where you
build support for databases.  Unfortunately that's obscured by the
possibility to build both apr and aprutil from apache's own configure,
but with incomplete support for the apr/apu build.

> While mod_auth_pg for apache 1.3/2.0 permitted specific SQL passwd
> queries in .htaccess, is there a means to do this with mod_dbd?

No.  There is a potential security issue if untrusted users can specify
an SQL query.  Since htaccess is commonly available to users who
should not be trusted with that kind of capability, it's not enabled
there.

IIRC there's a second reason concerning efficiency, but I'd need to
revisit the code to say for certain.

--
Nick Kew