The application I use "Lawson" only supports on AIX system 5.2 Apache 2.0.x, tomcat 4.1, so cant use apache 2.2.2 and tomcat 5.5.

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Subject: RE: [EMAIL PROTECTED] What tomcat connector to use?
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 17:49:08 +0200

>I have installed Apache 2.0.58, and Tomcat 5.0.28.
Is there a recommendation to use 2.0.x with Tomcat 5.0.x.
The best choice will be Apache 2.2.2 and Tomcat 5.5.17.

> What Tomcat version connector do I download
> and install to build the mod_Jk.so module
> on unix server.
With an Apache 2.2.2 you don't need a mod_jk.
And you don't need to compile a separate module (mod_jk)
There you use the functions of "mod_proxy"
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/mod/mod_proxy.html
and in conjunction with
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy_ajp.html

If you still want to use Apache 2.0.58 than you have to use mod_jk.
Than download 1.2.15 from
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/

Greetings

Oliver