From: Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 31 May 2006 15:10
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Reverse Proxy Cache not Caching in 2.2.2

Well, the second response is definitively not served from cache (nor the first
one for that matter). The cache provider definitively tries to store the
response (measning that there is nothing in the headers preventing the response
from being cached) in both cases and declines to serve the response in both
cases.

I have no idea what the problem might be, and I absolutely do not know how to
debug it. Had the cache provider been disk_cache I would have said you should
check whether the cache root directory and there were cache files at the leafs
(at least Apache 2.0 did not complain about that, might be the same in Apache
2.2)

In your place I would probably mem_cache by disk_cache to see if it behaved as
expected (serves responses from cache the second time around and creates the
cache files under the cache dir). If so, I would file a bug report on
mem_cache... Maybe Rüdiger has a clue.

-ascs