I'm grateful to all the ones who helped me out on this one. Now I can say that I really now something about the secrets of SSL. I talked to the Network Manager here in the Institution and he opened the port 443 for a while so I can test the secure connection.

Once again, thank everyone!

Rainer Sokoll escreveu:
Ryan McDonald wrote:
sounds like a firewall issue, is port 443 accessible through your firewall?

nmap -P0 -sT -p443 www.bc.furb.br

Starting nmap 3.75 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2006-06-06 23:03
CEST
Interesting ports on bc-03.bc.furb.br (200.135.33.8):
PORT    STATE    SERVICE
443/tcp filtered https

Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 17.088 seconds

Marcos R. Cardoso
Seção de Processamento Técnico e Automação
Sistema Integrado de Bibliotecas
FURB - Blumenau
(047) 3321-0660