I was wrong.  I was just looking a simple tomcat example jsp that
contained html, so I thought the request was getting passed onto Tomcat,
but it wasn't.

It's gotta be something wrong with my mod_rewrite configuration.  I
tried adding my rewrite config to httpd-ssl.conf right beneath the
<VirtualHost _default_:443> line, but the request still isn't getting
passed to tomcat.  Any mod_rewrite experts out there that could tell me
what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks in advance.
,
Josh.