On 6/9/06, Proniewski Patrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 9 juin 06, at 15:18, Joshua Slive wrote:

> I could probably come up with a way to do this with mod_setenvif, but
> when your config crosses a certain level of complexity, it is usually
> easier to just bite the bullet and pull out mod_rewrite.  It has a
> much more flexible config syntax and therefore can sometimes express
> these things much more clearly.

You're right, mod_rewrite is very powerful, but a simple negation of
a regex doesn't look too complicated for the PCRE engine used by
Apache. Too bad it's not a valid syntax for Apache.

But every time you add config complexity to mod_setenvif you make it
harder to use and more like mod_rewrite.  So why not just use
mod_rewrite?

(By the way, you can also do negation using negative look-ahead as
part of the regex in 2.x, although that isn't particularly simple
either.)

Joshua.