Followup (with a question at the bottom).  Here is my httpd -V result for the
2.0
apache that currently will not start:

/usr/apache2/bin>./httpd -V
Server version: Apache/2.0.58
Server built:   Jun  9 2006 15:46:48
Server's Module Magic Number: 20020903:12
Server loaded:  APR 0.9.12, APR-UTIL 0.9.12
Compiled using: APR 0.9.12, APR-UTIL 0.9.12
Architecture:   32-bit
Server compiled with....
 -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/worker"
 -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
 -D APR_HAS_MMAP
 -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
 -D APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE
 -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
 -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
 -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr/apache2"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/apache2/bin/suexec"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
 -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"

Here is for Apache 1.3 which does start:

/usr/apache/bin>./httpd -V
Server version: Apache/1.3.34 (Unix)
Server built:   Nov  1 2005 02:54:30
Server's Module Magic Number: 19990320:18
Server compiled with....
 -D HAVE_MMAP
 -D USE_MMAP_SCOREBOARD
 -D USE_MMAP_FILES
 -D HAVE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D HAVE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D HAVE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D DYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT=64
 -D HARD_SERVER_LIMIT=256
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr/apache"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/apache/bin/suexec"
 -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/httpd.scoreboard"
 -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/httpd.lock"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
 -D TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"
 -D ACCESS_CONFIG_FILE="conf/access.conf"
 -D RESOURCE_CONFIG_FILE="conf/srm.conf"

It seems that the 2.0 is missing some of the -D variables...  Can someone
please
instruct me how to properly configure them for 2.0?  I am looking at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/programs/configure.html and
http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/aix/apache_1.3.26-000964804C00-ibm-
aix4.3.README but cannot figure it out...

Thank you

Phil

On Fri Jun  9 15:57 , phil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent: