On 6/20/06, jome <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have tried to locate the error but all I can come up with is that it
is related to the large configuration (roughly 700k) file or the
contents of it. An idea might be that the DocumentRoot checks are taking
a lot of time, but I'm not familiar enough with neither Apache nor Mac
OS X to determine if that's the case. Another idea is that the delay is
caused by the fact that a lot more memory[3] has to be freed/allocated
when Apache is stopped and started with a large configuration file.

I am aware that this might be possible to avoid using the "mass"
instructions for VirtualHosts but if there's a way to stick with what I
have today I'd prefer that.

I'm not sure exactly what you want to know.  Yes, this problem is
almost certainly due to needing to read and process a huge config file
and check all the document roots.  Yes, your config looks like it is a
perfect use case for mod_vhost_alias.

Joshua.