Joshua Slive wrote:
On 6/23/06, Admin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

There is one particular spammer who I want to deny access to my web site.

He is leaving comments & sending emails through the contact form which
are full of p*rn site urls etc.

He is spoofing his ip address so denying access on ip is out. The only
thing consistent is the browser he uses. The string returned in the
access log is "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; MSNIA; Windows 98)"
and I thought I can deny access to the web site for this user agent as
till now this guy is the only one visitor to my site using a browser
returning this string.

I am a newbie and do not have much knowledge of regular expressions etc.
I know that with the proper settings in the htaccess file I should be
able to stop him.

Mod rewrite is available.
Web server is Apache 1.3.34.

Any pointers/help will be highly appreciated.

BrowserMatch MSNIA badbrowser
<Directory ...>
Order deny,allow
deny from env=badbrowser
</Directory>

Joshua.

Thanks Joshua for the fast reply! Works like a charm!!

Regards.
Sanjay Dutt

--
The Dutts Home Site: www.thedutts.com