After hours of reading google's results and fumbling with directives I
am coming to you users for aide.

I am currently running:

SERVER_SOFTWARE="Apache/2.2.2 (Win32) mod_perl/2.0.3-dev Perl/v5.8.8"

I would like to be able to see the remote_user variable and use it in
my scripts. However I do not want to have the client do any
username/password box authentication. I have been told that the
DOMAIN\username can be passed to the remote_user variable if apache is
configured correctly. I have no need for a password, I only want their
logon.

Basically I think I want to send an authorization header without any
prompted authorization to the client. This is obviously similar to
NTLM but I do not want to do that. Please let me know how to
accomplish this.

Thank you.

Chris Wildman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]