From: Richard de Vries [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 5:06 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Reverse Proxy between WebSphere and the
WebServer - prevent "Bad Gateway" errors.

Actually, without the Proxy, the WAS plugin properly detects an instance as
being down and reroutes the requests to one of the other app servers. So, with
the proxy, it keeps sending requests to the faulty server causing people to see
frequent "bad gateway errors".

But, you are correct when dealing with an environment that only has one
appserver that is down, or dealing with an environment with multiple app
servers -- all of which are down.

So, in my my multi-app server environment, the proxy is basically breaking the
plugin's functionality to detect and reroute traffic.