Thanks, Joshua.  I appreciate the assistance.

On 6/28/06, Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/28/06, Rob Wilkerson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And I guess maybe this is my question (sorry it took so long for me to
> get here): does mod_rewrite do an internal redirect so that the
> "pretty" URI never changes?  If so, then I suppose you're right.  It
> doesn't matter how we forward the original URL.

Yes.  The default mode for RewriteRule is an internal redirect, unless
you specify a path starting in http:// or use the [R] flag.

In this case, there are tons of options on how to pass the original
path to the landing page.  In fact, php can probably pick the original
request out of the environment if it looks at all the Redict_
variables.

Joshua.

Rob Wilkerson