Hi,

I'm very new to the apache/unix world and am currently in charge of switching
the web server my department's web pages run on to apache (currently they are
running on a sun one server).  My first goal is to get apache and siteminder
working together nicely.  I installed apache 2.0 and compiled it with mod.so as
the only non-default module.  The siteminder installation went well and it is
registered as a trusted host with our policy servers.  I followed the netegrity
installation/configuration manual for configuring siteminder for apache and
added the following to apache's httpd.conf file:

        PassEnv SHLIB_PATH /opt/siteminder2/webagent/config
        LoadModule sm_module "/opt/siteminder2/webagent/lib/libmod_sm20.sl"
        SmInitFile "\opt\sitemindre2\webagent\config\WebAgent.conf"
                (also tried \opt\web\apache2\conf\WebAgent.conf...the manual is
very confusing as to            what <web_agent_home> means. )

        Alias /siteminderagent/ .<web_agent_home>/samples/.
        <Directory "/export/webagent/samples/">
        Options Indexes MultiViews
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        </Directory>

        AddHandler smcookieprovider-handler .ccc

 So after all that I tried to run apache and it gives me two errors.  one
saying there is a syntax error on line 237 (which is the LoadModule
sm_module...etc line) and the other saying it can't find libmod_sm20.sl.  I
dont see what is wrong with the LoadModule line at all.  I also think on my
previous attempts at getting this to work the syntax error wasn't there...so
even if there is a syntax error I'm not seeing there is still an issue with
apache not seeing the siteminder module.  I've searched the net up and down and
only found one thing about the same error.  It said to edit the apachectl
script to include the "PassEnv SHLIB_PATH /opt/siteminder2/webagent/config".  I
tried that and it didn't work.  So, the big question is...has anyone gotten
siteminder 5.5 to work with apache 2.0 on a HP-UX 11 box or has anyone seen
this kind of error before and has any idea what is wrong with the syntax or why
that file can't be found?  Sorry for such a long post.  I just wanted to make
sure I wrote down everything I could think of that someone might ask about.
Also, yes I'm sure the path names are correct and the permissions on the
directories/files are right to allow apache to read anything in the siteminder
directories.

-Lindsey