Sorry for the lack of details, but not quite sure I even understand what the issue is..

Running Apache 2.2.0 on a Mac OS/X box.

Basically, every night my cron rotates and archives /var/log/httpd/access_log to /var/log/httpd/access_log.0.gz . The new access_log cannot be written to until I do a httpd -k restart.

I know, I'm not providing a lot of details, but I don't know where to start. Any suggestions, outputs, etc you need that would help I'll provide. Thanks for any suggestions.

Yes, I could create a cronjob to run the restart at say 1 AM, but I'd rather have a fix than a band-aid.

Thanks.

Evan