On 7/5/06, Qingshan Xie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thx a lot Joshua for your quick reply.

We did some debugging.  SiteMinder indeed returned all
SiteMinder headers( Cookies and SessionID), but some
how Apache in the front stripped them off and return
304. We did not implement cache, I don't know why it
has if-modify-since in the header and return 304?  Do
you know why?

I don't understand your question.  If-Modified-Since comes from the
client, not the server.  And it doesn't have anything directly to do
with caching (at the server side).  It is telling the client that it
can use a copy that the client has cached.  And the client should not
need the Cookies or SessionID header on the 304 resonse, since it
already has these headers in the cache.

I don't know much about SiteMinder's single sign-on, but there seems
to be a fundemantal misunderstanding here.  Exactly what is the
problem caused by the 304 response?

Joshua