On 7/11/06, Brandon Fosdick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
As a quick hack I tried enabling mod_dav on a location to see if it would act
as a storage backend for regular page serving. That is, just to use it for GET
and HEAD requests and none of the other DAV-related requests.

For the most part it works, but for some reason DirectorySlash and
DirectoryIndex don't work in this configuration. If I do
http://example.com/mydir/ I get a blank page (no errors), however
http://example.com/mydir/index.html works just fine. My trace log shows that
the first request was handled as a request for the directory instead of a
request for mydir/index.html, so I'm guessing the request wasn't redirected
properly before being given to mod_dav.

Any suggestions? Did I miss a directive somewhere? Or is this just un-doable?

Show us the config and log entries.  In general, activating DAV for a
directory shouldn't change anything about GET/HEAD requests.

Joshua.