Still struggling on this one - can anyone help?

If you don't feel like reading the entire thread: basically I want to limit caching to only forward proxy requests.  It has been suggested that I just put 'CacheEnable disk /' in a virtual host that only does proxy.  Although its a clean solution, it will not work for my situation.

In my testing I have found that if I try caching all http:// proxy requests: (CacheEnable disk http://) I get no cache entries for any http proxy request.  However if i explicitly put the protocol and the host ( CacheEnable disk http://www.apache.org/) and make the same proxy request to http://www.apache.org it does make cache entries.  Shouldn't CacheEnable disk http:// satisfy http://www.apache.org?? I think this may be a bug.

Also, if I want to cache every possible forward proxy request do I have to specify every protocol? (CacheEnable disk http:// , ftp://, https:// etc.).  This seems like a sloppy way to do it (and at this point does not work).

Thanks
Ryan

On 6/29/06, Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/29/06, Ryan Pendergast <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks thats a good idea.   However do you know of a way to do it without
> having to use a virtual host?  I'm trying to just specify the protocols
> (CacheEnable disk http://).  If I do it like this (leave off the host name)
> requests to http://www.apache.org/ don't make cache entries.  However if i
> explicitly put the protocol and the host (CacheEnable disk
> http://www.apache.org/) and make the same proxy request to
> http://www.apache.org it does make cache enties.  Shouldnt CacheEnable disk
> http:// satisfy http://www.apache.org??
>
> I know its not as clean as the virtual host but incase one of my customers
> does not want to use vir. host. Thx Joshua.

The docs imply that the protocol allone should be enough.  I don't
know beyond that.

Joshua.