I have been operating an Apache 2.2 server with Win XP OS for three
months. I initially used rotatelogs in a piped configuration to rotate the
access log. I quit using that rotation method when I discovered many
instances of the rotatelogs program residing in memory and not
releasing. I switched to a rotation module that rotates my logs at midnight that
works quite well... however, in the last two days I have noticed that
the many instances of rotatelogs are still in memory and now there are
two instances of hpptd.exe running instead of the previous normal of
one. So far these oddities have not caused any problems but I am asking -
are these precursors of future memory instabilities and what should I
do about them (if anything)?

Charles Michener

Do you Yahoo!?