Hi,

i try to precise the descriptiopn

It's not for internet accessibility but only on the enterprise, so :

i've a reporting intranet, accessible by the url :

http://serveur1:8085/uri/ (accessibly only on the enterprise)

I would like to simplify the url like this

http://serveur2/

I configure a dns entry (alias)

When i do

http://serveur2:8085/uri/ it's OK

but how can i make in apache to redirect

http://serveur2/ towards http://serveur1:8085/uri/

i hope that's more explicit.

best regards

"Joshua Slive" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Envoyé par : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

21/07/2006 15:58

Veuillez répondre à
users@httpd.apache.org

users@httpd.apache.org
cc
Objet
Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED] redirection url

> Hi,
>

> I've an accesisble url :
>
> http://serveur.domain.com:port/uri/
>
> I would like to know how can i redirect towards
>
> http://alias.domain.com
>
> how can i hide the port and the uri ???
>
> i test proxypass
>
> servername alias.domain.com
>
> proxypass / http://serveur.domain.com:port/uri/
>
> thanks for your help.

Your problem description is not precise enough, but if
alias.domain.com is not accessible from the internet, then there is no
way to show that name to clients.

Joshua.