> Hello,
>
> I have been trying for days to figure out how to get my web site
> redirected
> (301) to a different domain by using RedirectMatch (mod_alias) but all
> get on
> EVERY attempt is an extra slash "/" added to the end of the address in
the
> browser. Of course the server then performs recursive redirects until
it
> reaches the max recursive redirect count.
>
> I have set up this address as an example of my problem:
> http://www.visi.com/~dlspaude/test/index.html
>
> It should redirect to http://www.spaudemedia.com but it won't. Instead
it
> redirects to
> http://www.visi.com/~dlspaude/test/index.html/
> then
> http://www.visi.com/~dlspaude/test/index.html//
> then
> http://www.visi.com/~dlspaude/test/index.html///
> and so on.

This is a *total* guess, but I think I misconfigured a mod_rewrite rule
once to fix the trailing slash "problem".  I wonder if the web server is
doing the same thing?  Trying to append a slash to the URL in order to
access the directory index file.

> The .htaccess file in the "test" directory contains one line:
> RedirectMatch permanent .* http://www.spaudemedia.com
>
> There are no other .htaccess files in the parent directories for my
site.

> For the other directories on my site I had more complex matching, but
when
> they
> failed on this ISP's servers I resorted to what should be the most
basic
> redirect. The ISP is not responding to my requests, so I searched the
web
> and
> found nothing regarding this specific issue. I could try mod_rewrite,
but
> don't believe this ISP has FollowSymLinks enabled for user accounts.
>
> By the way, I have this working on my Mac OS X Apache installation
> (mod_alias
> version using RedirectMatch), so I figured it should have worked at my
ISP
> which also uses Apache (not sure which version, though).
>
> Any ideas?

Don't know if this is helpful, but if you're redirects are simple
enough, you could try doing an HTML based redirection.  So, if the web
server is fooling with your URLs, the HTML should be passed back to the
browser untouched and the browser will perform it's own redirect.

Good luck,
JP