Boyle Owen wrote:
If you have mod_so already compiled in, you can do dynamic loading. Then
with apache 2.2, mod_ssl is just an extension module as part of the main
distro. You should just be able to compile it and then "LoadModule" it.
Check the INSTALL file in the distro for instructions...

If you don't have mod_so (ie, you have a statically compiled apache),
then you'll need to recompile the whole server with mod_ssl in the mix.

Hello,

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/sbin] $ httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  prefork.c
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c

That seems to me that I have mod_so compiled in already? Is that correct? If so does anyone have any install guides for just dynamically loading mod_ssl?

I've seen: http://www.sitepoint.com/article/securing-apache-2-server-ssl which goes on about linux but only the paths seem to be different from FreeBSD.

Or do I have the wrong end of the stick?

Once again many thanks,

Richard