We are porting a (mostly) perl application from Apache 1.X to Apache 2.X and decided to put all of the configuration for the application into an etg.conf and put that in the conf.d directory. This failed, as it has the lines <IfModule mod_perl.c>. mod_perl is loaded from the perl.conf (also in the conf.d). As etg.conf is alphabetically before perl.conf, mod_perl is loaded after etg.conf so the IfModule fails, missing out our code.

We can fix this in several ways, currently by renaming our etg.conf to z-etg.conf. The question is, what is the correct way to resolve this? Create a conf.d/usr directory, put our conf files in there and do an Include conf.d/usr/*.conf after the Include conf.d/*.conf in httpd.conf? Just place our definitions in httpd.conf? Or some other way?

--

Andrew Walmsley

Software Development

Travel Technology Systems Ltd.

2 Nile Close, Riversway

Preston, PR2 2XU

Tel: 01772 766800

Fax: 01772 766801

(please note the new address and contact number)

This Email may contain information of a confidential and/or privileged nature.

The information transmitted is intended only for the benefit of the person or entity to which it is addressed and must not be copied or forwarded without the sender's express permission.

This Email does not reflect the views or opinions of Travel Technology Systems Ltd.

This Email is without prejudice.

This Email does not constitute an agreement either explicitly or implicitly with Travel Technology Systems Ltd.